It’s hard to believe it has been 9 years since people started using Hype Machine. In this time, they’ve been able to graduate high school and college, complete their dissertations, start families, sell companies, and so much more.
And along the way, over a million and a half of them have found new music. I am really proud we could make this possible.
During this year, we’ve been busy! We:
- made our service available on Sonos and BlackBerry
- helped our friends make Plug, an OS X client for Hype Machine
- premiered dozens of albums on the best-looking pages on the web.
- made the Blog Recommender. It does exactly what you think.
- wrapped up the music of the year with our Zeitgeist, andBBC’s 6 Music.
- put on another amazing Hype Hotel, presented by Taco Bell at SXSW.
- helped throw an unusual show at Silent Barn in Brooklyn. It was magical.
- had bloggers and artists DJ at Firefly, Lollapalooza, Outside Lands and Bumbershoot. It was kinda like this.
Of course, we are never done. We are still working to find ways to delight you that are different, refreshing, and offer you an experience you can’t get anywhere else.
Thanks for listening!